Serving up Advanced TV and incrementality
How we helped Subway drive incremental reach and balance their message frequency using connected TV and digital channels.
Discover how we did it.
Subway was looking to optimize their TV strategy by tapping into rich, connected digital and linear TV data. The objectives were three-fold:
- Increase the linear TV campaign reach by targeting cord-cutter audiences.
- Increase the frequency of ads shown to consumers under-exposed on linear TV.
- Re-engage audiences who were served TV ads with digital messaging to drive action.
- First, to drive incremental reach we used Automatic Content Recognition (ACR) data to segment households that were exposed to the linear TV campaign and those who had not been exposed.
- Next, we targeted non-exposed households with a Subway ad on connected TV.
- We balanced frequency by targeting ‘light TV viewers’ and cord cutters more heavily than ‘heavy TV viewers.’
- Finally, we looked at historical data from collected device ID’s of consumers who had visited a Subway location. We re-engaged audiences by delivering digital messaging and mobile ads to Canadians who had been exposed to the Subway TV campaign and/or visited a Subway location.
We extended Subways linear TV reach by an incremental 11.5% with Connected TV audiences.
By delivering an Advanced TV solution, MiQ more than tripled message frequency against ‘light TV’ viewers by serving them ads on Connected TV, reaching the audiences that Subway would have otherwise missed, while not oversaturating ‘heavy TV’ viewers.
- +11.5% incremental reach
- 46% were exclusively reached via connected TV
- 3.4% increase in message frequency to ‘light TV’ viewers
Check out more client success stories
OTT Show creates awareness with MiQ DCO
Standing out in a crowded market
Get your fix
Boosting NFL Game Pass subscriptions
Getting close to B2B decision makers
How we helped identify and target a niche B2B audience with smarter programmatic strategies
Sending Big Tobacco up in smoke
How we helped San Francisco Kids ban the sale of candy-flavoured tobacco using smart programmatic strategies.
Catching the lunch crowd
How we drove a 45% uplift in in-store visits for Subway
Making the most of macro-trends
How we helped CMC Markets align their programmatic marketing with stock price movement.
How we helped Scandlines get more predictable revenue by increasing their digital conversions
Taking gaming insights to the next level
How we helped an international gaming company target their ideal customers.
From underdog to mayor
How we helped Lori Lightfoot become the mayor of Chicago with smarter programmatic strategies.
Not all conversions are created equal
How MiQ Performance Marketing helped a major retailer drive more conversions for less budget.
How MiQ Advanced TV helped Boost Mobile connect their TV and digital strategies to drive online conversions.